Sky River Titan

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:52:56 -0400 (EDT)

Eric Hansen wrote:
> What would be the result of heroquestors healing Skyriver Titan's
> wounds?

Not good for trolls, darn it.

> There are certainly other sources of rain, in a mythic sense, but what I
> want to know is how important the myth of Skyriver Titan is to the water
> resources of Dragon Pass, and what other myths there are about how the
> region gets its rainfall. From Heler, the rainmaker, I guess, but what
> myths surround this god?

Considering the trollish nature of Dakori Inkarth, I'd guess a lot of the local water falls as snow, on the mountains and in Storm/Darkseasons. The smaller rivers and lakes, like up
in Laca, would probably stay stable: IMO, they're snowmelt. Since these feed into Skyfall Lake, there'd still be a _little_ water in it, but not much. Inora rather than Heler might be more important for non-Skyfall precipitation in DI.

For Dragon Pass as a whole, I'd think that SrT isn't that important, except for the Dragon River.

> Also, how much of a chaos nest would a dried up Skyfall Lake become,
> assuming there is a God-time city of chaos there?
I'd personally not think much of a big one; the minute the water level drops far enough, Cragspider looks down, drops the Pillar of Fire in, pours in the Zorak Zorani and keeps the Black Dragon hanging around while whatever's left of the chaos critters is stunned by the drop in water pressure.

Then again, it could be Cthulhu's sunken summer home, for all I know.

Note that the Dragon River runs through Snakepipe Hollow, too, so less water there could have some effect on the chaos ecology.