RE: Secret Societies.

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:07:15 +0100

>I'm skeptical about calling the Assasins and the Knights Templars
>'secret' societies as they were quite visible in their time.

I think the Templar example could be correct - yes, everyone knew they existed, but no-one knew they worshipped a severed head called Baphomet, spat on crosses, and invented the Tarot deck as a story-telling aid. If you believe that stuff, that is. They are possibly an analogy for some Arkati sub-cults, they profess to be good honest worshippers, but are in fact illuminated 'deviants', or at least that's what their non-illuminated fellows would call them. IMO.

http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
You never know what is enough
unless you know what is more than enough.