Dragonewt NPCs ; Druzes

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:17:36 +0200 (MET DST)

I have some problems with the Dragonewts as NPCs.

After a few encounters with weird/silent/oniric/almost intangible Dragonewts, my PCs developped the "Dragonewt Boredom Syndrom" : they don't even try to dialog with a specimen (even if it left the Left-Handed Way), they flee at once with a yawn. Dragonewts are still "mysterious" and "alien" but they are not interesting anymore (or rather: I can't make them interesting anymore).

The first time a Sibilant Scout calls you a Stuff of Dream or proposes to train you in Ritual Suicide, it's fun, but how can you use the Dragonewts as interesting NPCs as the vast majority cannot even speak a human language? How can they be more intelligible and remain inhuman?

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>Druzes believe that a Caliph was Divine.
According to a Lebanese apostate in the 1980's, they believe also in reincarnation (yes, like Dragonewts...)! It seems to be a "Mystery" religion with esoteric teachings for the initiates. Gerard de Nerval called them (in his Voyage en Orient) the Eastern Masons.

FF
- --

mailto:ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/1054