Re: Friendlier Glorantha

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:57:12 +0100

Shannon:
>Here's what I plan for the web site for when Hero Wars comes out:
>
>* An introduction to the game
>* Some basic notes on character generation
>* Some sample adventures (I'll probably ask the Glorantha community
> for help here).
>
>If there's more that you'd like to see, or something that you think
>would really kick butt and make people stop and look and realize that
>Hero Wars *IS* the next big thing, I'd like to know.

I hope the introduction to the game will be something like GURPS Lite, The Intro to Ares Magica or the introduction to Alternity: a scenario with the basic mechanics of the game that you can download and play right away. (Something like a Basic Hero Wars plus adventure. BTW, why doesn't Chaosium post on its site BRP?)
And I think that it should be made available even before the edition of HW, once Ribin stabilized the rules and basic mechanics of the game.

I would also like to see the net used as a distribution channel, like what you can find in http://www.hypercult.com/cut/ It lowers production and distribution costs in distant parts of the world (do I know someone that would benefit from it?). I think you could have free access and subscriber access in your site, with different contents.

Something you could have in the site is, not only the basic notes on character generation, but software for character generation, and character sheets. Based on the info in the Digest about the clan creation rules, it looks that the software will be a must.

Sergio