Convulsion

From: Graeme Willoughby <g.willoughby_at_ic.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 14:33:04 +0100

Hi All,

I have to echo other people's experiences of Convulsion - I had a damn good time, despite being bitten quite badly by something in my room. Here are some comments I feel are most pertinent.

First let me thank the con organisers and the TOTRM peeps - Nick Brooke and MOB were particularly helpful.

I have some copies of Simon Phipps A0 maps of Dragon Pass and Central Genertela left, if people are interested send me an e-mail.

Life of Moonson - I was just getting bogged down in trying to acheive my goals, when things happen to make things all start to make sense. Richard - it was indeed me who was the Count of Jhor, but I haven't developed the pictures yet. We're off to Warwick castle this weekend to see the Jousting (and the castle), so I'll finish off my film and send it off on monday - if there's anything incriminating, I'll tell you., I would have got that witch, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

Hero Wars: I was one of Nikk E's players and was a Storm Voice. The system was quite good but we were warned that the missile rules weren't finished yet. There was no difference between throwing lightning bolts or thunderstones or fighting with a summoned sylph (all of which I tried), so I was a little disapointed there. However, once fighting-at-a-distance has been sorted out things should be better. Also Nikk kept on rolling badly for our opponents and we succeeded in virtually every contest we tried, so we didn't test the "losing" aspect of the rules much.

Other highlights: talkinng with Greg until 1:30 in the morning, laughing at the exhorbitant price for the Big Rubble, putting faces to so many names (and finding out that they are nice people after all!).

Lowlights: missing so much, not getting That Woman in Life of Moonson, too many people with good stories for me to tell my joke in the story telling session.

I will definitely be going to Convulsion 2k (if I'm let out)

Graeme