Hero Wars contests

From: Alain RAMEAU <Alain.RAMEAU_at_total.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:51:39 +0200

     My understanding of the non-combat contests rules in hero Wars is that
     the system is very similar to the combat rules of RQ, but instead of
     striking with swords and reducing Hit Points, in the case of an
     oratory contests for example, the characters use words strikes and
     reduce status (or whatsoever) points.

     If this is right, it sounds very good to me, as I will have the combat
     sensations in the non-combat situations (with some variants, such as
     the risk of being killed being replaced by the risk of being ashamed
     with low consideration for a while in case of failure).

     But what are the rules for contests against oneself ? For example, a
     crafter willing to create the most beautiful sword ever done in his
     Community (clan, tribe) ?

     Alain.

     http://www.btinternet.com/~karamo/rqgb.htm