CD's

From: Personal <jarec_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:53:38 +0100

Whilst I agree with David's comments regarding the impracticability of releasing any official material on CD format I can foresee one possible use of CD's in the near future.

It would appear to me that providing the author had sufficient extra time to put into the final production, the CD format would be an excellent way of producing a Fan Magazine. Without the need to try to gauge sales prior to printing, copies could be produced as required. This would reduce the editors capital being tied up in printing something which may not sell for two years. Additionally the flat cost of buying recordable CD's would make colour a much more attractive option.

Also the expectations of people towards Fan products and Official products is lower. This would save a lot of time in terms of pre production as anyone in the computer industry knows that it is that last 5-10% that is the killer in terms of time and cost.

Now the question is would people buy a Magazine on CD format?

Jarec