(no subject)

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:07:29 +0100

Brian Tickler :

>Let me ask you a question...if you had $30 to your name (until next
payday)
>and walked into a store and saw the following 2 products on sale, which
would
>you buy first?
>
>1. Hero Wars box set with rules and entry-level basic scenario
>2. Reprint of RQ2 Pavis box set bundled with a new RQ scenario book for
Pavis

Much of the Pavis material is in River of Cradles and two thirds of the Strangers in Prax book is set in Pavis, so the only new material I'd be getting (that I don't already have) would be the Pavis stuff that wasn't worth reprinting the first time and some additional scenarios.

Compare this to the wealth of largely unpublished cultural, political, religious and regional material in the HW boxed set, with all new maps, and the HW set wins hands down. I wouldn't give the Pavis pack set a second thought, in comparrison.

Simon Hibbs