Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #95

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 21:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:54:11 +1200 (NZST)
> From: metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz (Peter Metcalfe)
> Subject: Brian Tickler's folly.
>
> Since when do you need approval for putting your own scenarios on
> the web? Oh wait a moment, 'overhauling a couple of 100+ page
> scenarios'. Perchance were you busy trying to publish Big Rubble
> Adventures on the Web without even bothering to upgrade them to
> RQ3*? I'm quite sure that isn't what most people had in mind
> with respect to 'fan-published material'. Nor does your 'Rob
> doesn't give a shit' thesis explain the abundance of fan-published
> material on the web and on paper.

I needed approval. This wasn't a simple fan site, but involved getting legal advice, non-profit business status, copyright guidelines for editing and packaging, membership issues, various "partnering" agreements, and several other fairly thorny issues. Never mind...I'm not sure why I feel the need to clarify this, and it's no longer important anyway...