Re: Buseri

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:17:55 +0100

Peter Metcalfe :

>Obsessive measurement alone is not a sufficient criterion for the
>Buseri to tick the materialists worldview? box IMO. The statement
>that Buseri do a Henry Fordesque turn and say 'mythology is bunk'
>is news to me.

I believe Alex is refering to Greg's account of the myths of the chenges in the sky in the godtime, which he gave during Convulsion 3D in 1996.
>From what I can remember, it goes something like this :

Orriginaly, Yelm was stationary at the summit of the sky dome (presumably where polaris is now) and the other planets and moons revolved around him. Eventualy the godswar happened and various planets and moons started wandering about, the orriginal incarnation of the moon goddess dipped below the horizon, the sky dome started wobbling, etc, etc. Eventualy Yelm fell from the sky into the underworld. When he came back at the dawn, he started his cycle of rising and setting, and the planets settled into their current 'orbits'.

However, at the end of all this, Greg leaned over and whispered somthing along the lines of : "But the Buseri know that the way the sky is now is the way it has always been."

Simon Hibbs