Airship to Heaven.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 21:59:00 +0100 (BST)

Erik Sieurin:
> I _think_ no one has mentioned the very entertaining seminar held on
> the Sky by Greg and Alex

I'm glad to hear it then, Erik; that makes three of us, then, since I thought it was rather fun, and Greg reported the same thought back to me the next day. (Though one had to wait until 1am on Sunday night/Monday morning for the dirt on Lokarnos, the EWF, and the Kralori.

> of which I understood the most important
> part only afterwards in the pub, when Joerg Baumgartner (I think it
> was) turned a beer glass upside down and dribbled beer on the carpet
> (it was to be the Sky Dome, you see). Yes, unlike many others I was
> almost sober all the con.

I, too, was sober at that point (though it may have been me doing the dribbling, embarrassingly), though I did partially rectify this later.

> [Zenith] is of course made of Darkmetal, making it a Lead Zeppelin.

I'm not claiming (or accepting!) credit (blame!) for this, btw; will the recognised originators of this wisecrack please fight amongst themselves for the moral right to be asserted its originator? ;-) (c.f. "full contact golf", last spotted being attributed to Joerg, I think.)

However, it got a big laugh, and a sage nod from His Gregliness, so I declare it to be Faux-Canon, on the grounds of lowest common denominator parallel consent.

Slainte,
Alex.