Sense Ambush

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:33:46 +1200 (NZST)

Ash Haji:

>While trying to resolve when a Humakti character in my campaign gets her
Sense >Assassin triggered, I'm worried by the grey area between assassination and >ambush and strategic concealment before attacking etc.

I simply would treat it as looking at someone and determining whether he has the intent to kill. For most ambushes, the attackers are hidden and so the problem does not arise. In the case of a person who stands and talks to you peacefully with twenty archers hidden in the bushes to off you as soon as the signal is given, a sense assasin would reveal that he intends to kill but not his means. He could after all have multiple sever spirits up his sleeve...