Re: Crossdressing/Yelmies

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 21:45:53 +0100 (BST)

Pam Carlson on Crossdressing/Yelmies:

> Dara Happa, being unsullied by Teshnos, has no such probition. (Or did I
> miss something?)

I believe you're right, and I tried to point this out before. People are speaking (perhaps deliberately) loosely of "Yelmies" crossdressing, whereas only the "Yelmalio" cult is actually known to have this restriction. Whether this applies to cognates of "Yelmalio" (Elmal, Antirius, what-have-you) is a matter of interpretation.

However, having made a token attempt to be fair to Dara Happan Yelm cultists, I think the whole thread is hilarious, and must be kept up at all costs!

Slainte,
Alex.