Population growth

From: alwallac <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 98 17:29:46 -0700

Of the cuff reactions to the reactions.

Peter

I have some problems with your arguments. The data appears sound, but perhaps not as relevant as you might think. For the most part those peoples you noted as being in better shape than the postulated neolithics do not appear to have made significant expansions into other territories, which would have to be the case if you are using them to account for the population growth. It appears from my non-expert viewpoint that these cultures have actually not done as well growth-wise.

Also, you wrote off the decimated peoples as irrelevant. How so? These peoples would be part of the origional pool, and would be a serious demographics loss, if not an obvious cultural influence. Large quantities of people dying seems to be a reduction in population growth by definition.

Jeorge

Actually you seem to be arguing for the origional point that medeival population figures are inappropriate for Glorantha. Have I missed something?

Allen

The line between genious and insanity is a fiction.