Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #165

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:59:26 -0700

Hantrafal is _not_ a shaman. He is the general-do-everything-priest. If you clan only has one temple (to orlanth of course) and one full-time priest to Orlanth, how are you going to get Heler to call rain for you? How about Barntar? Is Valind going to listen to you when you want to hold off that snow fall until the crop is in? Hantrafal is the guy who knows how to talk to all of the "big boys", he knows more myths than anybody else around and can call upon all of Orlanth's associated dieties to lend him his magic (with less penalties than others can do)

I hope this helps clarify it a little for you. :-)

Wesley

Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 11:23:50 +0200
From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr> Subject: Hantrafal

Well I understand (as I've already said) that he was the first shaman, so I suppose that in RQ:Glorantha terms Hantrafali might allow the worship of the orlanthi gods as Spirit Cults, then.