Orlanthing Questions

From: Mikael Raaterova <amr_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:46:51 +0200

Martin Hawley wonders if anyone knows

>1. who Orlanth's Horse Loving daughter is?

In some regions it might be Vinga, and in others it's not. I don't know of any other daughter of Orlanth, but there's bound to be a few. Possibly a deity of clouds and storm, following my own suggestion in Questlines I that Cloud Horses are Orlanthi spirit creatures.

>2. What does heler's Water do?

It comes down from the clouds. Rain, you know. Hence it has Life-giving properties.

>4. The names of any of the Bad Dogs?

'Kang Rowl, the Slinker, the stinking dog-like-a-cat' (KoS p71)

>5. What does the Chalk Man represent?

A Man-Rune. Check out KoS p160, about Maroflo and the Chalk Man.