Re: Internal vs External Chaos?

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:50:37 +0100

Daniel McCluskey (I think) :

> I was under the impression that Illumination freed you from the
> view that tentacled slimy chaos was necessarilly morally evil even
> though it might do bad things.

Joerg :

>I don't think you need illumination to get this view, only a certain
set
>of morals. I'm not even sure where the Praxians stand in this...

I agree. I think many lunar citizens can justify the empire's use of chaos without themselves beign illuminated. Illumination removes your bias against chaos as at a personal level. Illuminates only care about personal mystical transcendence. Chaos is dangerous because of the risk of personal annihilation, but if your chance at transcendence is lost or in jeopardy and you're trapped in the world then you might not care.

All IMHO.

Simon Hibbs