End of Glorantha?

From: Steven Barnes <SBarnes_at_brio.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:43:36 -0700

Did I miss something in all these Digests? I can't really see what people are complaining about.

"Death Lord" vs "Sword of Humakt"
"Orlanth the Warrior" vs "Orlanth Adventurous"

Who freaking cares? It is just a name.

Likewise, complaints about retconning Vinga are silly. Vinga has not appeared in any official publications I am aware of (other than cursory mention in King of Sartar, hardly the definitive gaming aid).

The same goes for much of the whinging I am reading. Some cultural detail that got published in a now out of print issue of Tales (which only 100 people in the world have read) is now contradicted by the latest unofficial unpublished writing of Greg... The unpublished playtest draft of Hero Wars might contradict some off the cuff remarks made by Greg at a GloranthaCon seminar...

Aren't we overreacting just a bit? And people called me a RQ2 Grognard...

Hero Wars is going to be great. I'm looking foreward to having it.