Sartarcentric, and proud of it!

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:52:36 +0100 (BST)

There's been a comment or two implying that Hero Wars may be somewhat Dragon Pass-centred, or Sartar-centred, or whatever. It probably will be, as others have explained, at least in the person of the first box.

But frankly, it can't be _too_ Sartarcentric, for my liking. This is an area in which RQ3 really fell down in, IMO. Publications like Gods of Glorantha, and the Bestiary (two of my personal favourites, I should add), really spread themselves too far and too thin to be in any way optimised to be most effectively usable game material.

Sartar-in-a-box is both the game I _personally_ most want to see (since I don't want to herniate myself carrying around a huge stack of other references, which I'll then spend ages at a time flipping distractedly through in play; and since I might want to con some _other_ fool into running a game, from near-cold); and probably more importantly, the game (or type of game) that seems most viable in cold hard commercial terms. With my most rose-tinted ocular enhancers on, I could see this as being a New, Improved version of the Glory Days of RQ2...

Slainte,
Alex.