Yelmalio Loves Lefties

From: mob <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 14:59:11 +0500

G'day all,

Yelmalio Loves Lefties

Peter Tracey surmises:

>This whole left-handed problem is most often sorted out by the
>_convenient_ gift...
>
>Gain 90% _right-handed_ 1H/2H spear attack and parry.
>
>or Geasa such as...
>
>use no non-cult weapon including evil left handed techniques.

I think this is either, a. absolutely spot on, or b. infuriatingly incorrect: for the sake of uniformity along their shield wall, the priests would love it if Yelmalio only gifted mastery to right-handers or banned lefties altogether, but unfortunately the god bestows his gifts regardless of what hand his initiate favours. This gives them a small measure of protection against official wrath, and has led to the formation of the Cack-Handers.

MGF suggests option b., but the old joke "Why do all Yelmalians have brown hair and blue eyes?"* makes me suspect Peter is right.

Cheers,

MOB   *A: 'cos those who ain't get the "Total Celibacy" geas.