Re: Balazar's God

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:43:15 +0100

Mikael Raaterova :

>Working from the assumption that the god Yelmalio (as written up)
wasn't
>discovered until King Tarkalor's reign (as per KoS), i wonder:
>
>1) What god did Balazar worship and introduce to the Votanki?

It was Yelmalio, my theory is that it was the sun dragon version of the cult and Balazar was an EWF type, but I don't own a copy of Griffin Mountain so i don't know if the timeline fits.

>2) Has that cult since then been superceded by Yelmalio (possibly
>introduced by the lunars in 1564)?

The lunars don't realy have the ability to do that. The Yelmalion sun dome templars in Dragon pass and Prax are not under their controll, so I don't see how they could do the transplanting. Perhaps I'm missunderstanding your point.

I believe that yelmalio isn't just worshiped in Dragon Pass and Prax since Monrogh. Yelmalio existed before then and was worshiped as Elmal by the Orlanthi and may well have been worshiped elsewhere in a more Yelmalion than Elmali form. I don't know enough about foreign parts north of Tarsh to comment of them, but I'd love to hear anyone else's news.

Simon Hibbs