Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #280

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:04:33 -0400 (EDT)

> > Given that YT can be seen as the "healed Humakt", I would say that they
> > are not limited by that silly Humakti "cutting off" thing.
>
> It's not a "limitation", it's a "power".

Yes, I'm sure that's what they told you, my good fellow. The isolated often begin to tell themselves that it's somehow "better" than connection. I can see your pain, my brother, we can help you heal it.

> Sounds like a disincentive to me. Obvious mother-in-law jokes aside,
> probably most of 'em had a damn good reason for choosing Humakt's
> path. Of course, not all of them choose to disregard their families

Ah, but once they have cut the cord, they are set on their path, they cannot deviate. We have realized that the road to Truth can many times turn. It may be necessary to cut ties at one time, but the turning sword can bring you back to the ties when you need them. An undeviating path can only lead further and further away.

Let us heal your pain...