Civilized Hsunchen

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:40:07 +0100

Hi everyone,

> Exactly. The original question was, what would a hsunchen civilization look
> like, and the answer is, not like hsunchen. Just as the Orlanthi
> civilization of the Imperial Age didn't look much like the Orlanthi of
> Brolia.
>
> I do think it could be more recognizably hsunchen than Third Age Ralios,
> where many people are descended from hsunchen, but outside the Ancient
> Beasts Society there's no real trace.
>
> Thomas, I hope this answers your original question.

At least a bit. (And then it seems like it resurrected the digest, not a bad thing at all). But I have naturally now more questions on this subject.

I always thought that Hsunchen meant worship bestial dieties and having a tight bond to your animal brothers. I didn't think that it has something to do with being primitive and hunter gatherers. That would mean that the pre Dawn Telmori were Telmori but probably not Hsunchen, right ? And that they had some higher level of organization than average Hsunchen. I am somehow disturbed as how the hints in Dorastor (Wolf Fort, City of Wolves) were read by you. Is there no chance that the Telmori had something like a kingdom, even if not civilized at all ?

Enchanted Forest : http://home.pages.de/~Enchanted.Forest/

"Dance on their graves, dig up their dead, steal them the bones and bring them to me !" Blood-in-his-eyes, Tergavi of the Bloodfurs