Red Blue Black White Moons

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 18:28:47 EST

Keith Nellist:

<< Simon Hibbs has somne ideas about Black and Red Moon stuff. I am undecided
 about moon elements, but I do think that the colours symbolise various things.
 So far :

 Blue            seems to be Invisible/Tides/Secrecy
 Black          insanity, Shadow
 Red             Chaos, Empire (red is the colour of sovereignty in the
Harmonius Realm)
 White           Peace, (Wisdom in the Harmonius Realm)>>

      I think this is fair enough, for the main cults associated with those
moons. Note that Lesilla* and Orogeria* are also Blue Moons and that Veritherusa was Red*, and it becomes a little more complex. And I'd replace 'insanity' with 'suffering' for the Black Moon - not that it isn't associated with insanity, just that the Red and Blue moons are too...

<< This leaves Green (strength) and Yellow (insight) moons yet to be
discovered?>>

     I am aware of no mythic or other justification for moons of these colours, unless you want to count planets like Lightfore. Besides, we don't need them, as 'strength' is one of the attributes of the Red Moon, IMO (especially as Natha*) and 'insight' could really be any of them (although Rashoran(a)* is Black, and maybe s/he counts as being more 'insightful' than the others).

<< I had always imagined tha moon rock glow waxed and waned like the Moon
itself
 but this is no longer logical given the description of othe rbodies shining on the Moon. Perhaps the Red?BLack Moon is really a non-glowing white which could be seen if both red and black bodies were eliminated.>>

      I'm pretty sure that the Moon (the visible one) is physically red. It will, of course, turn a glorious white when the Lunar Empire is victorious, and heals the universe bringing peace and harmony to all.

     Or when the Mostali Repair Plan nears completion, if you prefer.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky