Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #328

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:25:54 GMT

Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net> he say:

> We also know the Lunar army uses standards (well I think others do this as
> well, maybe also the Orlanthi). But to inspire fear in the enemy what would be
> more terrible than one crafted from a dead hero. Just imagine the freedom
> loving Sartarites facing the Lunars who would bear a standard made of Kallyr
> Starbrow or your favourite hero. Wouldn't you be frightened of what this legion
> could do to you ?

Ah, now you've not played the RUNE METAL JACKET scenario have you?

SPOILER WARNING! LOOK AWAY! In that the PCs play trainee Lunar infantrymen in a newly raised unit. The most successful trainee at the end of the scenario is magically 'blessed' and explodes bloodily, one drop of his blood falling on each recruit's regimental gear and staining it red. His spirt is bound into the regimental standard and becomes the new legion's esprit de corps.

SPOILER WARNING ENDS! RETURN TO YOUR HOMES!

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.