Issaries in Ralios

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:12:40 +0000

Joerg :

>Issaries is one the gods most worshipped by Malkioni, or at least the
>Henotheists (which are plenty in Safelster). Issaries worship is
worldly
>enough in nature, so that the omission of "Saint" won't change anything

>drastic.

It depends on your definition of direct worship. There won't be issaries cult temples for example and the issaries cult writeup would not be appropriate, as seemed to be sugested. Henotheist reverence of Issaries as a saint doesn't count as direct worship in my books, and I doubt it's as widespread as you suggest.

>There must be more, or at least must have been before Bailifes rolled
>over Safelster, because the Trader Princes didn't come out of nowhere.

The Argan Argar chain is a powerfull competitor, IMO. Surely Argan Argar was the trade cult of the dark empire, not Issaries? Issaries worship was promulgated by the middle sea empire in competition with the dark empire of Ralios, including Safelster. I don't see it as an indigenous Ralian cult at all. At least, these are the assumptions I have been working from.

Simon Hibbs