Arkat and the Fronelans

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:39:49 +1300 (NZDT)

Joerg Baumgartner:

Me>>[Arkat] hasn't betrayed the Pelorians nor the Fronelans!

>The (civilized) Fronelans feel that he betrayed their kin, be they Brithini
>or Malkioni. To the Pelorians, he betrayed their hopes of the bright future
>promised by the Bright Empire.

The Fronelans would instantly befriend anyone who betrayed both the Brithini and the Seshnegi. And Arkat never promised the Pelorians a rose garden so he cannot be said to have "betrayed their hopes"

Andrew Joelson:

> Let me add the following; Arkat would not have been welcome in Fronela,
>and new it. Why? Let us remember that Harmast Barefoot felt that he had
>failed in the LBQ when Arkat switched from Humakt/Orlanthi to Trolls/
>Darkness. So he went and did it again, this time coming back with Sir
>Talor, the Laughing Warrior. If memory serves me correctly, Sir Talor
>brought a bunch of Fronelan forces though Charg-Rathoria (sp?), and
>attacked Dorastor via Talastar. So there were Fronelan forces in the
>area that had no reason to be kindly disposed to Arkat. Allies? well yes,
>as the lesser of two evils.

Speaking solely IMO and not authoritatively, I don't think being badmouthed by Harmast is sufficient reason for the Fronelans to despise Arkat.

Speaking authoritatively, Talor and his buddies came through Castle Kartolin having been given the keys by Harmast. It's unknown to me whether they entered it either from the Underworld or from the Ralian Side.