RE: lamps & physics & curious people

From: BKrani <pppublic_at_ebsworth.com.au>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:29:40 +1000

Ian wrote:
>Now, Priestley's experiments and his experiences with the mob could be
>wonderful basis for an adventure. The Lankhor Mhy priest, Joseph, needs
some
>body-guards because people have been interfering with his
experiments....

I Like It!

Just what I need to shake my players up (If I had players).

To expand on the idea...
1 LM Priest supplies players with some useful "Scientific" tools, impressing players with what free thinking can do. 2 LM Priest starts investigating "The nature of reality" or suchlike. Townsfolk start getting worried.
3 LM Priest hires players to guard him from "Ignorant peasant townspeople".
4 Townspeople gather in a mob. Chants of "His ungodly tinkering will destroy the town" etc.
5 Players rebuff mob.
6 LM Priest discovers some fragment of the GodLearners lore. 7 Subsequent explosion and fire destroys the town. 8 Players wanted for conspiracy to commit destruction/possession of supposed GodLearner secrets.
9 Players on the run.

Feel free to expand on the outline above and post it back. I'd like to see what other GMs make of this.