Ernaldan spirit magic

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 19:22:35 -0000

I'm trying to sort out some of the basic spirit magics the Ernalda/Earth cult must grant, in Sartar, and so far all I can find is the adventuring stuff. (Plus Bryan's wonderful brewing magic, of course!) So I'm going to have to make it up, and would welcome advice fomr anyone who's been this way before.

What I'm after to start with is some sort of spell to enhance Plant Lore: a sort of "what's wrong with this plant?" spell. Say a 15% increase in Plant Lore, as applied to one particular plant (same increase level as Speeddart), or something like that. It's the sort of spell I'd expect Aldrya to have if only elves didn't have Elfsense to make such a spell irrelevant. Maybe it should be from Esrola rather than Ernalda, but either way it's the sort of thing I'd expect most Sartarite women to have accesss to.

After that: maybe something similar for animals? Something to improve cooking? Considering the way Ernalda is meant to be in charge of the spiritual side of things, maybe something that lets you talk to spirits, if only on a basic level. Maybe even restricted to one message "accept this gift, and let us continue as friends", or something.

Ideas?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/