Orlanthi & Styx

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:52:43 +0200 (EET)

> Who is the ferryman over the River Styx in Orlanthi Myth?
:According to the LBQ in KoS:
:"At the River of Swords, Issaries negotiated with Jeset the Ferryman
:for the fare of passage for a live person across it."
:I don't know of a river actually called Styx: presumably this is what you
:were after?

Swords represent death and severence. Perhaps the Orlanthi don't use the name Styx, but obviously we are talking about the same thing. I would also think that _at_present_ the Orlanthi know the name of Styx. Wasn't the passage in KOS a reference to the original Myth, not to one performed by modern day Orlanthi?

        -Mikko, the Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"