Nimistori pirates

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 12:45:36 +1300

Keith Neillist

JB>> [Wolf Pirates] prefer experienced sailors, maybe, though I don't
>> see how Nimistor River would provide these.

>Handra, which is relatively near the Nimistor River, was the first city
>visited by Dormal on his first voyage.

Handra is at least 150 km away from the Nimistor river and to reach there one either has to travel through Bastis (a separate Trader Princedom) or through Ryzel (where man-eating 'newts live). It is not part of Nimistor any more than the Solanthi are.

>Pirates from Alatan defeated the Pharoahs ships in 1582 and dominated
>their region of shore. (so Alatan pirates ruled Nimistor's coastline until
>1585 when Alatan was attacked by Pasos. The pirates moved east (ie to the
>Nimistor region) and split up into pirate communities. (presumably Nimistor
>had at least one of these.)

This is misleading. The Alatan Pirate _Fleet_ sailed west and hid amongst the Mournsea Isles whereupon it was destroyed by the Holy Country. Alatan, the source of the Pirates, was sacked by Pasos and transformed into a number of pirate communities rather than a single nation. These communites are on the Isle of Alatan with its many bays and beaches (they seem to have united again recently into the Kingdom of Smelch). This is not evidence for an existance of vicious Nimistori pirates.