Angelogy

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:35:16 +1300

Trotsky:

>It depends what you mean by 'angel'. There certainly doesn't appear to be
>anything in Glorantha actually known by this name,

Dara Happans have angels. Several obscure mentions of them can be found in Greg's recent writings about Dara Happan mythology.

>Talor, who defeated Arkat, and generally saved the world from the forces
>of evil - he's now a patron saint of warriors (although by no means the
>only one)

Shurely Shome Mhistake? Talor is famous for having helped Arkat defeat Nysalor. He was never betrayed by Arkat (As far as I'm aware).

Nick Brooke:

>It is pretty certain such figures exist. There is a mention (in a very old,
>unpublished story by Greg Stafford) of one "Yingar the Winged", a flying
>messenger of Malkion's who brings messages to mortals (and, indeed, carries
>mortal souls around after their death).

Yingar the Messenger is mentioned in the Glorantha Book p14 as having lived in the Sky world and brings words of importance from Malkion to Earth. However an unpublished family tree (prob. the same source as yours) mentions Yingar as being the son of Horal, the Warrior Son of Malkion. Ergo he's a human. Which doesn't rule out him having wings.

Secondly Greg has shied away from the idea that Solace is the Sky World and so it's doubtful that Yingar actually lives there. But exists, Yingar does