Angels

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 12:37:54 +1300

Keith Nellist:

>I think the closest parallel [to a fallen angel] could be the
Nysalor/Gbaji >thing. Gbaji being the Dark Side of the New God.

Arkat might be a better choice as he clearly fell. So could Lodril although he's a god not an angel.

Aki Martti:

>I was originally thinking of more like a christian archangel wielding a
>sword of fire and swooping down from the sky.

A Dara Happan Angel might work but they use spears or bows rather than swords. We simply don't know enough about other mythologies (Malkioni, Fonritan etc).

>On the pages are several descriptions of battles that include angels in them
>and also some tales where angels are mentioned, such as: "The Mistress of
>Light, Guardian of the Fires of Heaven"

>[...]

>This is where I came up with the idea of physical and personal, "man-like"
>but divine angels in Glorantha.

I'm sure Dara Happan angels are humanlike.

>So, is there any "truth" in Simon Phipp's
>stories or has he just modified his Glorantha to his own liking? It think
>Simon Phipp's pages are an excellent source for ideas but it would be nice
>to know which tales are "real" and which are just his own stories and don't
>fit in the "official" Glorantha.

I'm not going to criticize Simon here using the official glorantha sources. That way lies flamewars. Use them if you think they are great and don't worry about attempting to conform to officiality. There's so many things in glorantha that its pointless waiting for Greg to make a decision on some minor topic or another.