Re: Yuthuppa

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:36:10 EST

Wesley Quadros:

<< Who is the city god of Yuthuppa?>>

     The entries in GRoY seem to imply that Buserian is city god of Yuthuppa in at least the same sense that Shargash is city god of Alkoth. Just as Shargash has the separate 'aspect' of Alkor to act specifically as city god, so Buserian might have an aspect, divine servant or other sub-cult for this purpose. The city goddess of Yuthuppa is Thilla, who is presumably Buserian's wife.

<< Is Sagittus a sky god? >>

     It seems unlikely, IMO. I picture him as an earth deity more than anything else, which would fit with his being located on Row III of the Gods Wall, supposedly the row of 'Gods of Earth' (though it includes Dendara, perhaps before her association with the planet).

<< How about Hastatus? >>

     He's got to be a sky god, surely. Aside from being on Row I, which consists almost entirely of sky deities, he's the god of the sunspear, which seems pretty sky-associated to me.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky