Re: Fungi and disease

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:25:58 EDT

Emmanuel Ponette:

<< IMHO, plant diseases could be fungal. Diseases are associated to Malia, who
 certainly had perverted a daughter of Mee Vorala to infect the Aldryamis.>>

     Note that, according to Troll Gods, one of the divine spells available to even 'normal' Voralans is one that creates fungal plant diseases. IMO these diseases are not as extreme as those which would be created by Malia, but it does indicate that at least some sort of disease role is normally associated with Mee Vorala.

<< I don't know where it comes from, but IMG Black elves are often alchemists
 and can create many useful(?) potions, even for the humans.>>

      This is a well established fact about Voralans, and is mentioned, for example, in Troll Gods. I'd expect them to keep the potions for themselves, though, and only rarely sell them to anyone, even aldryami, let alone humans (OTOH, I suspect they must do so at least occaisionally).

<< As for the relationship between Uz, Voralans, and Aldryami, it seems that
Voralans are the link between the 2 enemies. Maybe they act as diplomatic emmisaries?>>

     AFAIK, the Uz don't dislike Voralans anywhere near as much as they dislike proper aldryami. That isn't to say they're very keen on them, though, and I imagine the aldryami look down on them as spooky sods but not with the hostility they feel for trolls. So I suppose they *could* act as emissaries, although one wonders whether the Uz and Aldryami would want to talk to each other at all, even through an intermediary...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #510