Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #524

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:28:33 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:50:33 -0700
> From: Dan McCluskey <daniem_at_microsoft.com>
> Subject: Storm Bull vs Waha...

Combat cults in Combat games vs. Storytelling games (with Storytelling cults?):

Your points make a lot of sense, but they're also based on an as-yet-unproven assumption that people really do want to play Storytelling-focussed games more than they do Combat-focussed games. Inextricably tied to this is the rules-lite vs. rules-heavy issue. Will HW and storytelling, rules-lite RPG gaming win out over the despicable opposition? I guess we'll have to wait and see :)...personally I plan to take the best storytelling and non-combat aspects out of HW and affix them to a certain rules-heavy combat-friendly system...