Masterchef

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:47:52 EDT

Mikael Raaterova :
<<
 Mechanics-wise, you could draw on your former friendship (ability 'ally')  to convince him, while he uses his skill with the sword. The contest could  be either simple or extended, and during an extended contest you can use  other abilities in subsequent exchanges >>

I think this could be abused in certain situations. Some 'level of mastery' master chef when attacked by a berserker would defend himself by baking some terrific cakes and giving them to the attacker (a riduculous extreme example). Berserk attack is fended of by super competent culinary skills. The overstuffed berserker is then roasted and served on a bed of lettuce with a posh sauce.

The point I'm trying to make (while getting slightly carried away with my example) is that everyone will be sure that their best skill is *the* best way of doing *anything* . And, in this game system, it may be the best (if the GM can be persuaded) .

I like the system (as far as I know much about it) but thought I'd just make this point.

Keith N