Re: Orlanthi and Chaos

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:27:40 +0100 (BST)

Peter Metcalfe replies au moi:
> >Never was sure what to make of this: "No wonder they call me Greg,
> >sometimes I even Greg myself?", or perhaps there's a presumption
> >that Lokamayadon was chaotic, but Those Charges Were Never Proved.
> >(Pesky Illuminants.)
>
> Surely all True Scotsmen would say "Not Proven"?

And later on I'm charged with dialectish incomprehensiblity.... It's well known you can't win, but you really can't win, can you? I was thinking in terms of the charges never having been proved due to lack of an appropriate 'trial'...

> For instance, Kinstrife is seen
> by the Orlanthi as chaotic yet I doubt Praxian Storm Khans
> can even sense it (let alone know anything was wrong).

I'd quibble with this, and say it's 'likely to "admit" an ingression of Chaos'. If you kill your bother, you don't immediately get a chaos taint, but when a the Broos of the Black Pus show up next HHD, you get blamed. A fine distinction, to be sure. (Not unlike the one in Malia's case, and like her, one that won't necessarily save you from being lynched...)

Cheers,
Alex.