Lokamayadon and Chaos

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:52:26 -0700

Alex writes:
>In a seemingly offhand comment to me, one upon a time, Greg remarked
>that Lokamayadon was _not_ chaotic, which I found odd since (as per
>my earlier comment), lokamayadonism is stated in KoS to be a sort
>of chaotic analogue of the Founding ritual.

Greg is correct - Lokamayadon was not chaotic. However, to the post-Harmast Orlanthi, Lokamayadonism is lumped together with Nysalorism which is categorized as chaos.

Now, Lokamayadon and the Bright Empire were willing to use any available power against their foes (unrecalcitrent Orlanthi traditionalists, Uz, Westerners, etc.) and certainly by around 400 ST or so, it was recorded that the Bright Empire employed the use of Predark against its foes. The Orlanthi traditionalists, to some extent, may have used their Summons of Evil magic to reinforce the association between chaos and the Bright Empire.

Does that help?