Re: Magic reality

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:26:00 +0200

Trotsky:

>> Actually, orthodox mystics would say that magic is indeed just an illusion,
>> the use of which will entrap you further in the world. >>
>
> Yes, but they say that of almost *everything*, so I don't really think
>it counters my point. They believe its real in so far as they believe the
>physical world is real (or so I understand) which is good enough for me.

And that varies from one mystic school to another.

>They
>don't, for instance, think its deliberate trickery, which I think was the
>possibility to which I was responding.

You are right, as they don't see it as someone else tricking you. Magic, like all the other traps are tricks played by your own mind. All to be refuted.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/