Re: Compromise and Devil

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:17:13 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke gets very Bullish about Chaos, then remarks:
> But unless you are building
> your game around the truth of these perceptions (e.g. to run a PC party of
> Nysalor Illuminates, Eastern Mystics or whatever), or writing an exposition
> or polemic from such a POV (e.g. my Lunar priest on Drastic: Chaos p.62: "We
> are all creatures of Chaos"), it's probably best to explore the more
> orthodox philosophies. After all, 99% of Gloranthans do!

It's incorrect to imply that 99% of Gloranthans believe in an 'orthodox philosophy' _about Chaos_ that corresponds to the Conventional Wisdom that you sum up, quite correctly, as the Theyalan position, and pretty close, so far as I can see, to the Western and Naturalist one. But I suggest that 20 Million Pelorians and Kralori can't be wrong! (OK, I admit the breakdown of Peloria gets very messy, since Lunarised (and otherwise) Pelorian Orlanthi, Carmanians to some extent, yadda-ya, don't go in for this Idyllic Pelandan/Complacent Dara Happan/Trippy-Dippy Lunar nonsense about chaos.)

Cheers,
Alex.