Re: Meddling between Eric and Alex

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:27:48 +0100 (BST)

Eric:
> Since some people take [Alex's] posts as authoritarian on
> what the rules say so I feel a need to combat misinformation.

I'm happy to help dispell any confusion on this point, at least: I was speaking on the basis of public comments by the Gregster, and to a lesser extent, the moderately-widely-disseminated Tentacles synopsis of the draft rules (what, didn't get one? Then you should have joined the GTA, and come to Bacharach! (I know, advertising with the benefit of hindsight, but there's always next year to hype)).

I'm not claiming to speak from any sort of 'insider' knowledge of the straight dope of this, much less authoritatively (much, much less authoritarianly, which makes it sounds as if I'm about to start a right wing coup, which I told my followers to keep strictly quiet about). OTOH, I don't believe I was peddling misinformation, but your mileage may vary... (Though, I am technically the Expert on Ignorance, so caveat lector.)

Slan,
Alex.