Re: Bump Ups and Master -> Expert

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:37:25 -0700

><<WWW ain't superhuman, not even close.>>
> Well, even ignoring whatever additional magical abilities/hero feats
>such a person might get, they are invulnerable in a fight even with a
>'typical' rune lord - and if that isn't considered superhuman I shudder to
>think what is! I can only imagine we're using different definitions of the
>word - for instance, it obviously isn't 'godlike', so perhaps that's what you
>mean.

Against my better judgment, and breaking my own rule, I would suggest that a 'typical' rune lord would beat a WWW person (assuming WWW only in one skill) 95% of the time using RQ mechanics. Can't compare using HW mechanics because of Hero Points.

I'm not sure whether people are overvaluing WWW or undervaluing Rune Lords, but either way....

Here, try this. I expect this nomenclature change will be in the final version of Hero Wars(Greg just told it to me).

W = Expertise level. Not mastery. People are not masters of anything. So you can have multiple levels of expertise. Hopefully 3 levels of expertise will sound less godlike than 3 levels of mastery to those who have complained about the term in playtests.

Eric