Re: Mysticism mish-mash

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:52:44 +0200

Mystic Alex:

>> What I mean is that Entropy is at the bottom end,
>> because it's the final dissolution: the fragments
>> of matter, time and consciousness turned inifinitely
>> small.
>
>I still don't get what role capital-E Entropy has in Vithelan myth.
>The best comparison I could think of would be Oorsu Sara, who firstly
>is not thought of in explicitly entropic terms, and secondly is
>very high on the Consciousness scale. What actual entity or specific
>concept is there in the East which would be lower on the scale of
>the Measures than the Iradgenderi?

Hmm, good objections. What I'm aiming at is that there is no entity, antigod or otherwise, which is complete entropy, as this is where you end up when you have finally degenerated below all kinds of consciousness. However, yes I think that the effect Oorsu Sara had on his surroundings can be said to be entropic. He has a highly evolved consciousness himself, but he reduces everything around him to sub-Iradgenderi level.

An Iradgenderi is a shadow of a dream, entropy isn't even that.

> >I don't really agree that the Mystic is Eternal,
> >and the non-Mystic Transient. [...]
>
>This wasn't me...

Indeed, I was quoting Julian and pasted a quote from you into the middle, forgetting to specify where the quotes were once again Julian's. Mea culpa.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/