Re: Mysticism mish-mash

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:39:29 +0200

>Nils and I bat around discussion of the Cosmic Measures, Consciousness,
>and Entropy, and otherwise attempt to sound Profoundly Obscure. ;-)

Obscure?!? Moi?!? Neeever. :-)

To add to the utter clarity of exposition, I'll add thet "entropy" is not found in an eastern vocabulary, but I'm sure there is a suitable word for the bottom end of the measures.

>Here's my stab at the Measure Thing:

Oooh! Cool!

>Bottom of the Consciousness scale: a rock.

The void left when the rock is destroyed.

>Bottom of the Time scale: a mayfly (of NiangMao myth fame, plug,plug).

Great myth!

The time between the mayfly being crushed by Herespur's foot and its death.

>Bottom of the Space scale: a mote of dust.

The fragments of a mote of dust caught between the Mask of Cacophony and the Liberation Bolt when Oorsu Sara was destroyed.

>At or near the top of all of them: Vith; Mashunasan (or other Deep
>Mystic, according to chosen belief).

Agreed.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/