Sartar Population

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:14:20 +0200

Ricky Dawson :

Whitetail Deer
Red Deer
Spotted Deer
Elk Deer
Giant Elk
Brown Bear
Black Bear
Giant Bear
Climbing Bear
Wood Wolf (aka Grey Wolf actually, that I believe you mention) Great Wolf
Dog-Wolf
Red Fox
Red Hare
Hare
Cottontail Rabbit
Black Rabbit
Mountain Rabbit
Raccoon
Puma
Wintercat (Snow Tiger)
Mule Deer
Moose
Possum

not only clue us in on the fauna of Sartar, but they are all clans of Sartar, unmentioned in your list.

I don't know their Tribes, but I suspect that they belong to Tribes of the Boldhome Ring.

> I have assumed, for now, that the Ducks are unlike the other Sartarite
> Tribes and are not split into Clans etc.

They are. There have 18 clans.

> Tribal Populations:

I have some other figures, probably circa 1600 :

> Wilmskirk Ring:
>
> Kultain

10.250

> Locaem

7.550

> Balmyr

7.550

> Sambari

9.200
Also, the Sambari were part of the Boldhome Ring.

> Swenstown Ring:
>
> Kheldon

6.100

> Aranwyth

6.400

> Balkoth

5.500

> Dundealos

10.700

Also part of the Boldhome Ring

> Jonstown Ring:
>
> Cinsina

5.100

> Culbrea

11.600
Also part of the Boldhome Ring.

> Malani

10.500

> Torkani

9.800

The Torkani were a founding Tribe of the Boldhome Ring, but after the Telmori took over their current territory, the Torkani left the Ring. They are not now part of any city.

> Aldachur Ring:
>
> Vanataros

9.350

> Princeros

10.250

> Tovtaros

3.950

> Dinacoli

9.600

> Alone Ring:
>
> Amad

2.500

> Bachad

6.100

> Tres

4.300

> Others:
>
> Colymar

19.500

> Lismelder

4.400
part of the Duckpoint Ring (!).

> Telmori

10.800

> Ducks

8.600
Part of the Duckpoint Ring.

> Wulfsland
> Region

In fact, the Telmori occupy Wulfsland.

> City Populations:
>
> Aldachur

3.250

> Alone

700

> Boldhome

5.400

(This number might seem a little dubious. Has there been a massive increase of the population of Boldhome in the first two decades of the 17th century ?)

> Duckpoint

700

> Jonstwon

1,500