Re: Solar (Mis)use of LBQ

From: Roderick & Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_jps.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:42:54 -0700

>I believe there is a heroquest based on the LBQ that has not [AFAIK]
>been described - the Solar cultures could use the quest, which
>essentially climaxes in a solar/storm compromise, _against_ the
>lightbringers.

The problem with this particular HQ is that you have to start dead (mythically, if not physically), and expect your repentant enemy to show up, hanging his head. It just seems to chancy - if the opponent *doesn't* show up, you're screwed. I can't remember any HQs of this sort since Time began, possibly because the opponent has to perform their half of the ceremony, and Sheng certainly wasn't about to...

>Perhaps this could be part of some white moon strategy: allow the
>turbulent barbarians to destroy you, so that you can turn this
>apparent defeat into a mutually beneficial and ultimately stable
>compromise?

Hmm, sounds sort of like the premise of "The Mouse that Roared':

1. Declare War on the US
2. Lose
3. Enjoy the post-war influx of US dollars to rebuild your shattered economy

Roderick