Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #14

From: Andrew Behan <andrew_at_RedBrick.DCU.IE>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 05:29:50 +0100 (BST)

> From: "Roderick & Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_jps.net>
> The problem with this particular HQ is that you have to start dead
> (mythically, if not physically), and expect your repentant enemy to show up,
> hanging his head. It just seems to chancy - if the opponent *doesn't* show
> up, you're screwed. I can't remember any HQs of this sort since Time began,

OTOH who other than a Solar would be sufficiently conceited to try?

In any case is n't the Seven Mothers Quest a solar perversion of the LBQ from a certain POV, though of course it's much more besides. I seem to remember the dread Nick inter alia championing this POV a few years ago.

                        Andrew

        "This inexact science is known as Djinnetic
         Engineering, on account of being not unlike
         letting a rabid genie out of a bottle."

                               Jeff Noon, Automated Alice