Uroxi and land

From: Jon Thorvaldson <yinkin_at_telia.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:48:05 +0200

Greetings digesters!

        On the topic of Uroxi holding land, I can see no reason why they shouldn't. The archetypal (In the game, at least) Storm Bull berserk is a drifter and a mercenary, wandering about seeking chaos to destroy. But how would such a one survive? By plundering, for he would not have any other means of income, and although charity is an Orlanthi virtue they would indeed be unpopular, and indeed, charity would be hard to come by when you wandered away from your kin and tribe. And a band of Uroxi wandering, preyng on honest peoples' charity and wealth seems no better than Gagarthi to me, and would propably get the same treatment after a while.

        No, I believe that most Uroxi in Orlathi lands are housecarls and weaponthanes to the chiefs and to other important people, who support them. Or they are the important people themselves, and have thralls and kin who help take care of the land, so they can be free to indulge in the living they choose. ANd I believe that it is around these wealthy Uroxi that the not-so-wealthy Uroxi tend to gather. They would have common ground with their leader. I mean, if I were a chief I would not trust an Uroxi weaponthane not to run away on a fool errand or such. Uroxi are not exactly famed for their loyalty and honor, are they? Or am I still thinking too much of the Praxian Storm Bull in CoP? Still, an Uroxi Berserker would not be too stable, not always totally trustworthy.

On a tangent, but still about Uroxi, would not an Uroxi be useful for the clan to bless the cattle along with Uralda, and thus increase the wealth of the clan?

Ramblingly,

Jon Thorvaldson