Re: Spammers and Riddlers and Lunars, oh my!

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:47:42 +0100 (BST)

Mike Cule:
> After our recent burst of spam, I started thinking about computer based
> analogies for Glorantha. I seem to recall hearing Gark the Calm described as
> 'a spiritual pyramid-scheme'

Two picky observations: first, I thought that was the Church of Immortality, rather than Gark; and secondly, that's not really a computer based analogy!

> and it struck me that Illumination was something
> like a Virus. Riddlers are mad spammers going about and spreading the virus
> under the guise of innocous (but annoying messages). Any more?

Gift Carriers -- deliberately induced hard disk (or disc, whichever will annoy David D. <g>) head crash?

Middle Sea Empire -- MicroSaft? .doc format being the RuneQuest Sight, or in the case of we Unix users, Blindness.

Bliss in Ignorance (about your 251st incoming email and thereafter)

Can't immediately think of where MIME encoding (and mailers and mail-servers that can't handle same) fit in, so I'll file that under Future Work.

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #18